PrimeSource Credit Union (formerly Telco Credit Union) was first managed by the employees of Pacific Telephone Company in their basement. Once business picked up, a telephone employee took the business to his home.
In March of 1935 the credit union was doing so well that the employees decided to become an “Incorporated State Chartered Credit Union.”
Originally, the field of membership included employees of telephone companies, their subsidiaries, affiliates, and continuing entities, as long as their place of employment was located within the state of Washington or Idaho.
In 1996, Telco Credit Union became a community chartered credit union. This meant opening eligibility to anyone who lives, works or worships in the Spokane Community.
In 2002, Telco expanded the field of membership to include everyone who lives, works and worships (or attended school in qualified school districts) within the state of Washington, thereby opening eligibility to all Washington residents for membership at PrimeSource Credit Union.
In 2004, the construction of a new branch and Corporate Headquarters was started in North Spokane.
In March, 2005, Telco officially changed its name to PrimeSource Credit Union.
In June, 2005, the Corporate Headquarters housing our Nevada Branch was opened to the public.
This branch is located at 9707 N. Nevada Street, just behind the Northpointe Plaza, between Holland and Hawthorne.
In June, 2015, PrimeSource Credit Union opened its third branch, in the Spokane Valley. This branch is located at 9208 E. Sprague Avenue, on the corner of Sprague and Dishman-Mica.
“To be our members prime source for all their financial services.”